Can running a YouTube channel be considered a creative component for CAS?

The IB website states the 'creativity' component for CAS is "arts, or any other experience that involve creative thinking."

Has anyone done this or known people who used YouTube as a platform for "creativity" in the IB? If yes, what kind of videos did you or those you've known post? Is it a good idea?

Yes, you can. Only if your coordinator is a little bit harsh or not but most of the time they will allow. I have a friend running a youtube channel now and the problem with that is it takes a lot of time making these videos and you might spend your time on something else. I personally wrote an app from my programming knowledge and I wrote 2 of them. They were extremely time consuming but once you finish it you don't really need to do anything else. With youtube, you will probably make a video in every 2 weeks or so and it gets harder as you learn harder topics in the class. But it is always better if you finish CAS from the first year of the IB because it creates a lot of free space in the second year and makes you focus more on your subjects.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 7:51 AM, Cheryl Then said:

The IB website states the 'creativity' component for CAS is "arts, or any other experience that involve creative thinking."

Has anyone done this or known people who used YouTube as a platform for "creativity" in the IB? If yes, what kind of videos did you or those you've known post? Is it a good idea?

My Ib coordinator said you can absolutely make a youtube video maybe even tiktoks? not sure

-like tips and tricks

-cooking

-movie reviews

-art videos