which foreign language is better and more beneficial?

hello guys.
I'm really confused [among French, Spanish and German] to take one of these up as my foreign language. French is considered to be common these days, but I want to know which language will benefit me the most in airlines management courses.. so please can you help me out?

Well, they're all going to be beneficial since knowing multiple languages is a moot point for any job application. Unless you want to study abroad where one of the languages you mentioned is the primary language used or the language of instruction at the university, any one of them is fine. Though AB Initio won't bring you to the level that you can university subjects in that language.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sweta Moda said:

@Rosalina oh well, thats pretty informative.. thanks.. but I need to take up abanitio so I needed to know the international importance of each language and which one would be more beneficial like which one is widely versatile and used in many countries.. so can u suggest?

I'd go with French. It's a mandatory language for the UN Sec General so that suggests an idea of how important it is relative to other languages.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I speak French and Spanish and honestly I would say Spanish can be much more beneficial. I don't know much about airline management courses, but simply put Spanish is more useful because of the amount of people that speak it and the number of countries where it is spoken. 

Granted, AB initio will not get you to a very good level of spanish, it will give you the basis and spanish is also one of the official languages of the UN, and many countries in the world speak it! 

While both are similar languages, and they will be challenging to learn because of their rules and grammar and other particularities of the languages born out of latin, Spanish might be easier to learn in term of grammar and listening comprehension, but it is harder in terms of pronunciation.

I'd definitely rule out german because it is an uncommon language that is spoken in few countries, although a great language.

• Like 1

I would also rule out German, it is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) European language. As a French teacher, I will be biased, but I would go with French over Spanish, simply because both languages have an equal share in the difficulty department. I speak both French and Spanish, and both are beautiful and elegant languages; but really, they have similar issues with conjugation, vocabulary, grammar (gender, accents, agreements, etc.). 

In addition, French is the official language of many international organisations (English and French are required languages in UN organisations, and I think it is important in ICAO, IATA).