English Extended Essay help!!

Hey guys, 

I have vacation going on, so i thought i would use this time to think of an EE topic in advance. So what I was planning to do is comparing Frankenstein - Mary shelley and The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson. I would like to know if this is a good topic to go ahead with. I've emailed my english teacher about this but he is not replying at all. I would really like it if anyone could give me their opinion or advice on this. 

Thank you in advance. 

I would only start off with two books and not three. I cannot help you with the actual books as I do not know them but you have to find a specific topic you can compare them on. For example I did my comparison on how stock characters in both works portray the themes of power and corruption similarly. 

Hope this still somehow helps :) 

It is 2 books The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is just one book. :P I was thinking of comparing them on the theme of limits of nature as both Robert Louis Stevenson’s ‘Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ‘ and Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ tell tales of scientists abusing their creative powers to exist in another sphere where they cannot be directly blamed for their actions .Though Frankenstein’s creation is a creature distinct from his creator while Dr. Jekyll transforms into Mr. Hyde ,the double of each protagonist progressively grows,

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello. I need some wise advice. I have long been fond of music. It helps me concentrate, relax. But I was given a homework assignment to write an essay on the topic "Music in my life".  How many thoughts, but I can not express them. At first, I thought to order it on Essayshark, my friend said that they write good works. But I was so upset that music has always been so important to me, and I can not write what it means to me in details. So I have a question, but what does music mean to you? I would be interested to read.

@CarolSmith Hi please start a new thread if you are planning to going off tangent.
Haha it's smart to get others to brainstorm for you. That's how I did my ToK presentation ...

I would just say that you said you have "many thoughts, but [you] can't express them", then that's what music is, saying what we want to say when we don't know how. Music is a form of self expression when we borrow (copy) other's ideas and words.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, Blackcurrant said:

The two books sound like a fine choice. Much of your success with the EE or its viability will depend on the quality of your topic/thesis, though. What is it?

I was thinking of this, " In what ways does Robert Louis Stevenson and Mary shelley portray monsters as victims of circumstance in their respective works,"Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde" and "Frankenstein".

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...