Writing outside of the box in the exam(?)

45'er

Guys, I'm wondering whether there's a possibility that any answers written just below the answer box can be counted for marks?

I know that it is recommended to request an extra paper and write the additional answers within that paper but when I was about to ask the paper I thought it's not a big deal to waste a 4 pages booklet for a sentence or two. Hence, I wrote the answer just below the box (outside). Do you think I'll lose marks because of that?

Unluckily, there are many comments said it is only the box that will be visible by the examiners while the others said IB scanned the whole page of papers for digital marking (hence those answers outside of the box can be seen). Any similar issues?

Edited by 45'er

3 hours ago, Moony_PirateKing said:

My teachers say that examiners will see the answers outside the box but they won't count them

Thank you for answering, but are they general examiners? I have one teacher in my school who said that it is only the box that will be visible.

• 2 weeks later...

My chemistry teacher told us that anything not written in the box or on the separate booklets will not be counted, and our test moderator (I forget the official word for it) continuously told us beforehand to write all answers inside the box. So, unfortunately, I wouldn't count on getting the marks for writing outside the boxes. 

• 4 years later...

I realize that it is prescribed to demand an additional a paper and compose the extra responses inside that paper yet when I was going to ask the paper I believed it's anything but nothing to joke about to squander a 4 pages booklet for a sentence or two. https://academiadeescrita.com/ Ultimately, you will acknowledge how much fun it tends to be to compose essays in a wide range of tones. Whenever you are prepared to conceptualize genuine.