Gaming while IB

I played a lot of Heroes of Newerth (really toxic game lol), Overwatch, and Pokemon throughout the DP. Mostly Heroes of Newerth during DP1, but then mostly Overwatch & Pokemon Sun/Moon in DP2. 

It's actually good to spend time playing games as we're hardly machines that can slave over 24/7 for the IB. 

Well, I play Starcraft 2, as noted by my username.  The community is quite a lot better than DotA I have to say, but the game is also significantly more demanding IMO (effing micromanagement).  What's Heroes of Newerth like?  I've heard that it's supposedly 'harder' than DotA (which in turn is supposedly harder than LoL because of denying and stuff).  

And yeah, gaming serves as good relaxing technique.  

I played Overwatch almost every day of grade 12. The few weeks before my mock exams, I played Witcher 3 like 5 hours a day each day when I wasn't studying.

In hindsight, that was a pretty dumb move.

i don't personally play video games myself but there's a ton of guys in my cohort who do and to be honest? they are hardly doing well. 
one of my friends spent the day before his english IOP just gaming all night and barely passed it. if anything, i would say
gaming is fine as long as you don't begin to prioritize it over your academics.