Mandarin B/ Study skills help!!

Every year, the papers get harder and harder for Mandarin B. 

At our school, our class has long been in a dispute with our Chinese teacher, as she doesn't teach us very well and when we ask for harder things/suggest for more practice on certain aspects, she either starts arguing with us or says she will do it, and goes back to being the same the next lesson. The situation has gotten to the point where head of departments are currently involved. 

My exams are this year, with my mocks in May. I realise that at this rate, nothing can be done and I was wondering if anyone had any tips of learning a language/Mandarin B? How do you guys study new vocabulary, practice writing/speaking skills, etc? I am quite desperate so please help!! 

As a native Chinese speaker, I have witnessed a lot of my friends who scored high in Mandarin B (my roommate, in fact, is not Chinese who scored a high 6). All I saw her doing to memorise more vocabularies is to watch some videos online with subtitles, then writing down every word's meaning on a notebook with English translation. Then for speaking skills, she found me to practice Mandarin with. 

Most importantly, past papers are very important too! If you start to revise now bits by bits, you will be fine in the Finals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, inriya said:

As a native Chinese speaker, I have witnessed a lot of my friends who scored high in Mandarin B (my roommate, in fact, is not Chinese who scored a high 6). All I saw her doing to memorise more vocabularies is to watch some videos online with subtitles, then writing down every word's meaning on a notebook with English translation. Then for speaking skills, she found me to practice Mandarin with. 

Most importantly, past papers are very important too! If you start to revise now bits by bits, you will be fine in the Finals. 

Thank you! Hopefully haha- my mocks are next month so fingers crossed then as well