CAS Confusions

Hi, so as we all know IB has some new requirements for CAS, and they don't have a set number of hours anymore. I have a few confusions in light of this. Firstly, what is the minimum time period from which I can include certain projects in my CAS portfolio. For example, am I only allowed to talk about activities, or service in my portfolio from the period that I started my IB diploma? For example, I am graduating in 2018, and started IB in 2016. Can I write about activities, etc from before 2016? Like 2013-2015? This is the biggest confusion I have when it comes to CAS as of now, as I have a few friends that have included activities in their portfolio that date as far back as 2011, when they started IB in 2016. Thanks in advance for your answers :) 

4 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Hi, so as we all know IB has some new requirements for CAS, and they don't have a set number of hours anymore. I have a few confusions in light of this. Firstly, what is the minimum time period from which I can include certain projects in my CAS portfolio. For example, am I only allowed to talk about activities, or service in my portfolio from the period that I started my IB diploma? For example, I am graduating in 2018, and started IB in 2016. Can I write about activities, etc from before 2016? Like 2013-2015? This is the biggest confusion I have when it comes to CAS as of now, as I have a few friends that have included activities in their portfolio that date as far back as 2011, when they started IB in 2016. Thanks in advance for your answers :) 

CAS program starts with IB. So while you may argue for a couple of weeks before your first day of class, using stuff from 6 years ago is absolutely ridiculous. However, the activities don't have to start as IB starts. You can say the year you started but you can't use that part of experience to satisfy CAS requirements. 

Edited by kw0573
  • Like 1