Is English A HL/SL necessary if I take Psychology HL?

Ewa Oz

I'm taking Psychology HL, combined with Bio HL and Chem SL. Is English B HL okay for psychology in "Art" way? (I mean MA or BoA)... The point is if I need English A SL/HL, or B HL is enough (or maybe counts as second literate subject?).

Pls send hulp :v

I want to apply in UK, for example, and I've been trough the Ib requiememts, but they say: English level at least Standard... And I'm not sure if being from Poland and taking English B HL and Psychology HL they will accept such mix... 

my subjects are 

Polish SL

Maths SL

Chemistry SL 

and Psychology, Bio and English B on HL

English B HL is sufficient for studying in the UK. When I was looking into studying Psychology, they considered Psych HL a science, sufficient for admission. Since you have Bio HL on top of that, you're good to go. I got into a total of 8 UK universities with English B HL, including ones from the top 10. 

• Like 3

Woah, so hey, do they consider Psychology as science or literate subject during the admissions? But for the BSc course? How about the MA course? Is English A HL necessary for that??? Or Psychology is enough? 

I've been around the requirements, but still, I'm not certain about what they actually mean :/

MA's in the UK are done after you've finished your undergraduate, and in the case of psychology it'd likely be an MSc, done after your BA or BSc. So not something you should be worrying about now, as you'll be applying for it with your grades from the undergrad anyway. Also, Psychology at majority of UK universities is a science degree, and from what I've seen (at least at the universities I looked at), IB Psychology is regarded as a science subject for the purpose of admission. And you don't need English A HL for any psychology degree. It has no relation to it whatsoever.