help not to die bc of the history ia??????

adhdepression

ok so like, im supposed to be in the middle of writing my history ia but its just. not coming along? im not sure i can use one of my sources and though one of them (The Origins of Nazi Genocide by Henry Friedlander) is p great, i dont know how to take out information or how to actually construct an essay

i dont wanna ask anyone to write my essay or w/e im just. if anyone knows how to construct things and build them up in a way which actually makes sense - bc i have a tendency to either go off topic or just jump around without any structure - that would be amazing? just thinking abt the history ia and the ee makes me wanna kms so its .idk also the question as of Now bc idk if i can use it is 'to what extent was medicine ruled by nazi ideology in nazi germany?'

thanks 

IMG_1394.JPG

Ok, first off, it's okay. Having to delay turning a History IA, EE, whatever is not the end of the world. What your going through is normal and many students—me included—have struggled with these things.

The IB diploma is actually not that important in the grand scheme of things. I would love to give you advice, but I think the most important thing is to first take a deep breath and step back. Is there anybody who you can talk to in real-life about your struggles and who will support you? This will be really good as it will put things in perspective and help cope with all this stress that students put on themselves. I speak from experience. Parent/guardians, friends, and teachers are all good to have as support. 

Once you do this then you can decide if your research question will allow you to write a good IA. If not, then talk to your teacher and let him/her know that you are changing it. Your teacher should be able to help with accepting or vetoing your ideas. The History IA is not too bad. Especially if you put the effort in to read some stuff. The actual amount of writing that is asked of students is very reasonable. It also has a strict format in regards to sections. If you really don't know how to write it, then you should talk to your teacher and he should help the whole class so that everybody has a clear idea of the assignment.

Again though, the important thing is talking to somebody who can help you and letting them know how you feel. You aren't alone. 

Edited by Nomenclature
  • Like 1