Should i change History to the third language Chinese???

Kathie66

Im a ib year 11 student and have already did ib for 5 weeks. The subjects im doing now are English Hl, Mathmatics, Biology HL, Busniess HL, Japanese and History. During the five weeks i found that history was too hard for me, i chose it because my mom told me but i personally have no interest on it and was really bad at it since i was in grade6. I was thinking about change history to another subject, however if i change it now I'll have to catch up what they've learnt during the five weeks. I think the best choice is to change history to chinese because my mum is chinese and i can speak and write a little of it. However the school do not offer chinese so i'll have to learn it by myself. Is it a bad choice to do three languages? I mean will the university think doing another group 2 or 3 subject is better than the third language? And if i take chinese, which level should i take? By the way im planning to study busnies in the university. Thanks everyone!

Edited by Kathie66

I do no think doing Chinese self-taught as language B is possible for the IB. As far as I know it's only languages A that can be done this way. You might want to try out Pamoja, an online school for IB subjects which has other courses such as economics which could be beneficial for you in the future. 

5 weeks aren't that bad at all, so don't worry. You'll definitely be able to catch up! I had friends switch courses after 2 months and they still managed to keep up with the work :)