Language B Tips for the Oral

Hi guys!!

I'm in French B HL, and I've got my oral coming up. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting those last extra couple of points and to make sure that I feel as comfortable as possible going into the exam. For me personally, I've done a lot of practice structuring the description portion, but was wondering if anyone has any other tips :)

Thank youuuuu

Using words like family, health, technology, etc.; look up images to practice and talk about them. If you can get a friend from your class to ask you questions after you speak for four minuets, even better.

If during the oral you are trying to say something or express a certain concept but you're having difficulty, move on. It's okay and much better than wasting a minute to try to express something and still mangling the grammar in the end.

If the teacher asks something and you don't understand, don't panic. You can either ask him/her to repeat it, or you can simply try to answer the general idea. Either way, as long as you don't panic you will be fine.

Lastly, plan some "contrived" ways with which you can use different tenses and showcase your knowledge. You will be awarded points for using more difficult sentence structures, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be comfortable with planning to use general structures that can be applied to any topic. For example, "In the future..." and use the future tense, certain ways to use the subjunctive, etc. Obviously, you shouldn't and can't plan your whole speech, but being prepared to use a wide range of grammar and tenses is good. 

• 4 weeks later...