History IA

christina.staikos27

So I am starting the process of choosing an IA question and I am having some difficulties. Initially I wanted to write something about the holocaust but upon further research it seems to be an overdone topic. I decided to look into other possible WWII/post WWII topics but I am having trouble finding a topic. I am thinking maybe something on Camp X (Canadian spy camp) or post war Berlin ie. differences in east and west Berlin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Hi there! The Post-War Berlin topic you mentioned seems to be a great idea. You could compare and contrast both sides but also analyse the impact the Allies had on the differences between East and West Berlin. Camp X also seems interesting but I advise you to make sure you create a question that is feasible for you to answer. For example, maybe talk about the impact Camp X had on the training and development of soldiers/war technology for WWII or talk about the impact that Camp X had on the war outcome. Not too familiar with the Camp X topic but both topics seem feasible to do an IA on. In fact, almost anything WWII related is feasible to talk about (so much information available, that's why) given that you have a focused research question. Finally, about the Holocaust, yes it's an "overdone" topic but at the end of the day, if it interests you, then why not do it? I like to consider the History IA has, "pick your favourite historical event and analyse it". So as long as you find something which interests you, you'll be fine. Hope this helps somewhat. Cheers. 

• Like 1