Answering Paper 1 questions

Rey

Lately, most of my history homework consists of reading and solving exercises in the Rogers and Thomas The Move To Global War textbook. So, it's pretty much just thorough preparations for paper 1. However, there is one thing I'm wondering... How long should or responses to these questions be? I understand that only the last question is an essay one, but still if there is a First Question Part B on a comic, I quite often end up writing only one sentence like "In this comic, A is shown doing B - through this and this - and this means that X is Y - which is illustrated through this and this." In some cases, there is another detail that I can use to write another, similar sentence, but this is not always the case... So, I'm just wondering, is one sentence containing two different points enough to get both marks? Or should I attempt to cut it up into two different sentences, each focusing on one point? I know it's only a mark or two I'm obsessing about, but I really do need a History HL 7, so I would rather get all the easy marks possible...

Hey, 

I also use that textbook. The first few pages have a lot of detail on how to answer the questions.

Your responses should only be as long as need be.The first question is purely analysis, 1a) should be 5-8 sentences, 1b) only about 3-5. 2) is about compare and contrast about 8-12 should be good because 3 compares and 3 contrasts. 3 is the OPCLV, 1 sentence for OPC each, 3-4 sentences for LV, that makes about 9-12 sentences. The essay question just depends on how much you know, I do atleast a full page.

My teacher says that for each point, you should have a different sentence, just so it's easy for the examiner. Also, use obvious transitionary words such as Firstly, secondly, thirdly. 

This website is useful on how to answer paper 1 questions: https://www.activehistory.co.uk/ib-history/ib-history-paper-1-tips.pdf

Thanks for the help! :) To be honest, with 20-40 pages of reading in 6 different books each week, I barely checked the parts in them that weren't on our homework list... But I'll be sure to check those first pages out then!