IB B Level French Oral Topic Ideas

mikeymil3

Hey everyone!
So our french oral topics are do next week and i'm not quite sure what im doing yet...
I want to do something related to Belgium because my mom is from there and i have been there many times however i'm having trouble narrowing down a topic...
I was thinking about doing something related to WW2 because i've been to all the war museums and trenches there but my teacher said that might be too hard to talk about in the short time period and the fact that it was so long ago might make the language difficult for the question period.
I was also maybe thinking Belgian cuisine (including beer of course haha).
But i'm really torn.

If anyone has any ideas at all -- so long as they relate to a french country--i don't care how vague they are, it would be extremely helpful!

Merci beaucoup,
cheers.

Do something you have a passion for, the words and ideas will come much easier. By the sounds of it, it looks like you would probably consider something relating to Belgium. I like the idea of Belgian cuisine, but could you possibly narrow that down? I mean that is a pretty broad field you're talking about there. Now, I'm no expert in Belgian cuisine, but I love chocolate, so maybe considering limiting yourself to one specific food item and describe its importance and historical value or even tie it in with some french culture.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i think its better if you choose something that you have passion for so that you can think of the words easier.
What do you like about Belgium?? Are there any places to like? Any foods?
How about chocolate? Belgium chococate is well known.
Think about that.
Then talk to your teacher, and see what she thinks about it.
Im doing mine on French perfume-->Chanel. My French teacher thinks its a great topic.

on belgium? you could do yours on the atomium or belgian food. my class and I had a discussion what topics would be the best ones and we agreed on nuclear energy in france and the french revolution as there is so much to talk about. ye sure the vocab is going to be pretty hard but once you start researching you find out that there is loads and loads of facts which can be easy to state and evaluate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...