Fresh out of Pre-IB Entrance Exam (AMA)

Guest Dqnny

I MADE IT INTO BAYVIEW, BUT I DID A TEST AT CARDINAL CARTER CHS, SO IM GONNA BE THERE! BUT IM HAPPY I MADE IT TO BAYVIEW CONSIDERING THERES ONLY 3000 APPLICANTS AND ONLY 500 GET IN!!

AND I GOT TO BRAG THE WHOLE DAY, CAUSE NOBODY AT MY SCHOOL GOT INTO IB LMAO!!

Dqnny, tbh you have made a really good decision. My cousin is in grade 9 rn, and he is working his butt off to be at the median. People at bayview are overachievers, and it is simply too much stress to put on yourself. I have heard that some people have had too much stress and committed suicide because of this. But, best of luck to you rebecca and your future endeavors you are heading upon! 

Edited by Tiyam

On 1/22/2017 at 3:48 PM, Dqnny said:

Haha, me too. Glad everyone else did so well! Sadly, I made my final decision to not enroll into the IB program. Best of luck to all of your future endeavors.

I have also decided not to attend Maple's IB program or the St. Roberts IB. Both are great, but I am going to be attending the MaCS program at William Lyon Mackenzie CI because I feel the environment is far better. Happy to be able to get into all my choices, though.

Edited by ovoxo_say1

4 hours ago, Tiyam said:

Dqnny, tbh you have made a really good decision. My cousin is in grade 9 rn, and he is working his butt off to be at the median. People at bayview are overachievers, and it is simply too much stress to put on yourself. I have heard that some people have had too much stress and committed suicide because of this. But, best of luck to you rebecca and your future endeavors you are heading upon! 

That is pretty true, however, you cannot disagree with the added options it gives you for university, as well as the preparation.

On 2017-01-23 at 4:52 PM, Tiyam said:

Thanks, but I also believe it's quite good to be in the Ib program. I know it's challengingly and everyone has their own opinions. If your thinking that Ib is too hard because the people at bayview are really competive and smart, I think you should reconsider that because you will have to face a greater competition in University/College

On 2017-01-21 at 3:19 PM, Tiyam said:

I MADE IT INTO BAYVIEW, BUT I DID A TEST AT CARDINAL CARTER CHS, SO IM GONNA BE THERE! BUT IM HAPPY I MADE IT TO BAYVIEW CONSIDERING THERES ONLY 3000 APPLICANTS AND ONLY 500 GET IN!!

AND I GOT TO BRAG THE WHOLE DAY, CAUSE NOBODY AT MY SCHOOL GOT INTO IB LMAO!!

Haha nice!!! Here's another piece of info you can brag about. They are accepting 500 in the entire York region and bayview is only accepting 50-100! (I thought they only accept 50, but I don't really know..)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 9:13 PM, ovoxo_say1 said:

That is pretty true, however, you cannot disagree with the added options it gives you for university, as well as the preparation.

Sorry for the late response, but there are many downsides to going to Bayview for me. I would have to take a 1 hour and 30-minute bus ride with 3 transfers every day, I'm losing out on the French Immersion program that I'm in (Which I have worked 8 years on), none of my friends will be at Bayview, I won't have many course options for IB and that I can just take AP and Pre-AP courses at the High School that I'm going to. That's from my perspective.

• 3 years later...