History IA - topic

hannah529

We are in a process of choosing our History IA topic. I came down to two questions. I need advice on both and if the questions are good. Should I reword them or not? Which one is a best for my IA and will it be good enough for 2000 words. 

1. To what extent did the launch of Sputnik led to the turning point in American History? 

2. To what extent did the sinking of the U.S.S Maine led to the Spanish - American War?

Thankyou

I believe you are correct. After research, I found out that the space race impacted many things such as - technology, cold war, and education, and president and his policies. I think education or technology is good. 

For technology - New advancements were rapidly being made such as the microchip, wireless tools, and satellites(google). We needed to beat the soviets. 

For Education -  School were greatly affected. Focus on math and science was emphasized in school to develop technology even more. They wanted more engineers and scientist to beat the soviets. Acts were passed to increase funding. Needed to created better system for future. 

Do you think I can talk about education alone and cover 2000 words or should I talk about education first then lead it to technology or would that be too much? So should the question be -

1. How and to what extent did the Space Race impact American Education?

or 

2. How and to what extent did the Space Race impact American Education and Technology?

Thank you once again, your suggestions and advice are really helpful. They are truly helping me to decide. 

Thank you so much! Your input has helped me a lot. I also think that would be best too. So I will stick to How and to what extent did the Space Race impact American Education? Thank-you and I wish you success on your future journey. I will contact you back if a need further assistance. 

• 5 years later...
On 9/8/2016 at 5:22 PM, hannah529 said:

Thank you so much! Your input has helped me a lot. I also think that would be best too. So I will stick to How and to what extent did the Space Race impact American Education? Thank-you and I wish you success on your future journey. I will contact you back if a need further assistance. 

Hi, I have a similar topic! What arguments did you use?