Homosexuality and Religion?

I just want to throw out there that not all religious people are like that. Nowadays I find it quite intimidating to tell people that I am a christian as they suddenly seem to think I'm anti-LGBTQ, racist, hate Islam etc. etc. 

I am incredibly pro LGBTQ (much, much more than my atheist friends) and I know that there are a lot of other religions people who are as well. Even my priest is.

Good luck to your sibling!
All the best 

Edited by alexalexalex
incorrect choice of word

• 4 years later...
On 6/15/2016 at 8:08 PM, YourPrincess said:

Hi guys so I'm sorry if there has already been a post similar to this but I really want to know others opinion on this because this is a topic that REALLY bothers me.

So I'm pretty sure you have all heard about the recent shooting in a gay club in Orlando, and it was supposedly carried out by a Muslim man. As coming from a Muslim background myself, I have been grown to practically "hate" all gays/lesbians - it is not doubt that in most religions homosexuality is outwardly forbidden. My sibling, who is a transgender, already faces so much hardship and it is difficult for me to understand why there must be so much hatred?

I am in no way trying to bash religion as a cause of hatred towards homosexuality but I know far too many people that use religion as an excuse to degrade Gays and Lesbians. 

So what are your thoughts on that? 

I'd just like to say: not all religions are against LGBT+. We are just less common. However, in my opinion, a religion that discriminates against people is, not wrong as a religion, but probably misunderstood, because if gods are meant to be perfect and fair, then how can they command people to hate others on something they have no choice in?