Geography EE on Refugees

Dotti22

Hi :)

For my extended essay topic I have come up with the research question:

To what extent has the resettlement of refugees in Australia been successful?

I was hoping for any feedback on the topic and whether it is too broad and ideas to refine it. I also know that for geography, primary sources are essential and was wondering if anyone had any ideas except for interviews.

Thanks in advance! 

Be more specific. Refugees from what country? What type of refugee are they? Keep in mind that if this particular group of refugees has migrated to Australia within the past decade or so, you are not allowed to do your EE topic on it.

Some examples of primary sources  applicable here would be memoirs/diaries/journals/letters/autobiographies.

Just clarifying, where is it mentioned

4 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

if this particular group of refugees has migrated to Australia within the past decade or so, you are not allowed to do your EE topic on it

because I was planning to focus mainly on Syrian refugees which is very current  

12 minutes ago, Dotti22 said:

Just clarifying, where is it mentioned

because I was planning to focus mainly on Syrian refugees which is very current  

From the Extended Essay guide that was released by IB:

"Essays that focus on events of the last 10 years are not acceptable, as these are regarded as current affairs, not history."