Page limit

David GW

I have finished my Biology IA and the actual investigation itself has exactly 12 pages, but then I have more pages for the appendix which shows the same data that is present in the actual investigation only that more developed and in more detail. My question is whether I'll get marks docked off for having these extra pages?

According to this page:

The internal assessment task will be one scientific investigation taking about 10 hours and the write-up should be about 6 to 12 pages long. Investigations exceeding this length will be penalized in the communication criterion as lacking in conciseness.

As there's no information about whether the appendix counts in the word count, it's best to ask your teacher as they may be aware of specifics. Otherwise I believe you will get maybe one or two marks docked for communication. If you really can't get rid of those pages, try and make sure everything is perfect to ensure you still get the grade you want.

Hi. I don't take biology but I take physics and chemistry. I think the requirement for page numbers should be the same. 

I have seen a guideline for chemistry, which says that the IA should not exceed 12 pages, but the content of the IA is more important than page numbers. Both of my physics teacher and chemistry teacher said that appendices do not count in page numbers. (By the way, I have 13 pages for my chemistry IA excluding appendix and it was fine.)

Hope it helps.