NEED URGENT HELP [Physics IA]

Major Awesomesauce

Okay, so the science teachers at my school are a joke. NONE of them have ANY sort of training when it comes to IB things, and I desperately need help. For my Physics Internal Assessment, I have chosen to do a research paper, rather than just an experimental paper. Does anyone know where I can find out how to do one? A rubric, or some sort of criteria/directions for a research paper?

Because none of my "IB" science teachers do.

Thank you

The IA criteria does not change whether you call it a research paper or an experimental paper. The Physics guide has this information.

I am not sure what do you mean by a research paper. If you are using published data or a simulator rather than your original data then that can be a way to go. Following an exact model is actually the opposite of what IB wants, but you should follow the IA rubric (in the guide). For example for exploration, top markband for "Exploration" says

The methodology of the investigation is highly appropriate to address the research question because it takes into consideration all, or nearly all, of the significant factors that may influence the relevance, reliability and sufficiency of the collected data

That means there may be more than one methodology allowed to scored good marks. The guide is as good of a model as you can use, because following a model may fall into a trap of missing topics that are important to your specific lab, which may be missed by the general model. Here are some specimen works IB published for the 2016 session. https://ibpublishing.ibo.org/server2/rest/app/tsm.xql?doc=d_4_physi_tsm_1408_1_e&part=1&chapter=1

• Like 2