I am currently in 11th grade and we have just started working on our Math IAs. I am really struggling to come up with an idea that will allow me to write 12 pages on and would appreciate if somebody could give me some ideas and explain the main AIM that we have to reach at the end of the exploration.

Thanks

I am currently in 11th grade and we have just started working on our Math IAs. I am really struggling to come up with an idea that will allow me to write 12 pages on and would appreciate if somebody could give me some ideas and explain the main AIM that we have to reach at the end of the exploration.

Thanks

We can't really suggest topics to you, but I recommend finding a general area that interests you (science? art? music? video games?) and try and see if there is anything you can investigate in terms of mathematics. The main aim is to explore the mathematics behind what interests you and show how math links to other aspects. 

The first thing that I would recommend is you to go through the mathematics guide. Exploration, as the name suggests involves exploring new areas. So you exploration should be based on an idea which is not explicitly there in your IB syllabus (although it has to be related to it). More there are two types of explorations- one involves modelling and the other investigation. I recommend you go through the IB Math guide first so that you know the general structure and requirement of an exploration.

Hope this helped! Best of luck! 

• Like 1