How to be survivor?

Nerra

Hello, i am second year student of this Ib programme. I am really scared to face my final exam which will held on this coming may. I'm scared because i am not a bright student in Ib. My total points for every test handled by college was only lower than 30. I need to get 35 points and above as that is the rule for getting scholarship to study abroad. Do anyone have suggestion for me to improve my result within this time constraint? 😭😭😔

Edited by Nerra

Don't worry, the rest of us are scared as hell too. Just work hard for the next seven weeks (or something like that), it'll pay off in exams. Start early and you'll feel more prepared by the time that exams come round!

Why only the next seven weeks haha?

Oh someone said we have seven weeks of school left, just going by that. It might be seven months I don't want to think about it :mellow:

Hello, i am second year student of this Ib programme. I am really scared to face my final exam which will held on this coming may. I'm scared because i am not a bright student in Ib. My total points for every test handled by college was only lower than 30. I need to get 35 points and above as that is the rule for getting scholarship to study abroad. Do anyone have suggestion for me to improve my result within this time constraint?

What separates bright people and "not" so bright people is the ability to manage your time wisely. I don't believe that some people are 'naturally smarter' but rather they work a lot harder. Not only do you have to manage your time (DO NOT PROCRASTINATE) but you also need a clear cut studying strategy. Re-reading text books is a good idea but also reviewing the course syllabus, past tests and quizzes, reviewing past exams, external sources, help from teachers and peers is something you should be doing. But remember everyone has a different strategy for studying.

Another good tip is to set a schedule for yourself. For example if you are studying for biology, dedicate a couple of hours understanding a specific topic. Look online for tests and quizzes after you re-read your notes. Make cue-cards for things you don't remember and practice everyday.

Yes, the IB exams are a stressful time but study hard, get a good nights sleep and you should be fine :).

Hello, i am second year student of this Ib programme. I am really scared to face my final exam which will held on this coming may. I'm scared because i am not a bright student in Ib. My total points for every test handled by college was only lower than 30. I need to get 35 points and above as that is the rule for getting scholarship to study abroad. Do anyone have suggestion for me to improve my result within this time constraint?

What separates bright people and "not" so bright people is the ability to manage your time wisely. I don't believe that some people are 'naturally smarter' but rather they work a lot harder. Not only do you have to manage your time (DO NOT PROCRASTINATE) but you also need a clear cut studying strategy. Re-reading text books is a good idea but also reviewing the course syllabus, past tests and quizzes, reviewing past exams, external sources, help from teachers and peers is something you should be doing. But remember everyone has a different strategy for studying.

Another good tip is to set a schedule for yourself. For example if you are studying for biology, dedicate a couple of hours understanding a specific topic. Look online for tests and quizzes after you re-read your notes. Make cue-cards for things you don't remember and practice everyday.

Yes, the IB exams are a stressful time but study hard, get a good nights sleep and you should be fine :).

I agree with what you've said, as all of these are very good ways of revising for the IB exams. But I do disagree with the part that I put in bold. I'm no as smart as Einstein, and he didn't come up with all the stuff that he came up with just because he worked harder than I do. Because no matter how much time I put into Physics, I couldn't understand a word of it at the time. 

There's also the saying of work smarter, not harder, which I try to live by to prevent going crazy/burning out. 

As for revising, depends what you're revising for. Sciences/Maths, I'd go through the syllabus/study guides and just get on those past papers. Language A: go through the notes on the books, or write notes on all the aspects of the works that you studied. I did that with my friend over coffee (one book each week, we met on the same day every week) - it's a great way to make it less tedious and also to break away from the rut of studying. And you add some joy to it with the coffee. 

Group 3s, I'd mostly go through your notes, or make little cards (I did them on A6 pieces of paper, sticking to 1-topic-per-side rule e.g. Hitler's rise to power in History). Unless it's something like Econ where you've some exercises to do, I believe, then you might want to practice that. Other than that, for group 3s, I'd use the past papers only to analyse what to study (studying the whole syllabus for History e.g. is dumb), but not actually doing them, as it takes too long and revises a relatively small portion of material. 

See, it is just halfway pass february, which means that you have 75 days left till you final IB exams. I feel all you should do is seize each day and go all guns blazing now. It is not difficult to get a 35 in IB, and I believe that even you can do it. You should start preparing for the final exams rather than contemplating about what is going to happen. 

Best of Luck! :)