Are you allowed to restart the IB program ?

atishba

I have taken:

HL Physics 

HL Chemistry 

Hl Maths 

SL Econs

SL Chinese B

SL English Lang and Lit 

I am not doing very well in all of my subjects. The only subject i am doing well in is physics and Chinese. I am really afraid this will effect my collage application. I was wanting to restart the IB program so that I can try to improve my grades. Is it possible to do that? If yes then what do I have to do ? 

Edited by atishba

I have taken:

HL Physics 

HL Chemistry 

Hl Maths 

SL Econs

SL Chinese B

SL English Lang and Lit 

I am not doing very well in all of my subjects. The only subject i am doing well in is physics and Chinese. I am really afraid this will effect my collage application. I was wanting to restart the IB program so that I can try to improve my grades. Is it possible to do that? If yes then what do I have to do ? 

This is not for the IB to decide, because it's your school's decision. So it's best to talk to your IB coordinator or your school's principle about it. Another way is to simply change school.

You still have a year till your board exams. Is it possible for you to change your subjects at this point? Talk to your coordinator, parents and teachers about this. Another option is to continue with physics and chinese and give those papers in may 2017, then give the rest of your papers in november.

Every school has to register its students to the IB, at least 5-6 months (not really sure) prior to the final IB exams. Most likely your school hasn't registered you yet for any exam and so it is upon you when to take your final IB exams.

If you feel that you will be able produce good results in these subjects if you get more time, then registering for some other IB exam and starting from scratch isn't a bad option. But, I would also suggest you to actually determine if you can do well in these subjects. If not, then changing subjects is a better option! Although, I feel that you should take the exams latest by Nov 2017, and apply for spring 2018. (If applying to US)