How to do CAS Reflections

• 4 weeks later...

You need to write a reflection for each activity that you've done and one final reflection about the experience of CAS, including all the activities you did in the past 2 years. There is no limit to how much you need to write, but for individual reflections, I'd say about a 100 words is enough. If you manipulate the font, line spacing and all, it'll look more than 100 words in your portfolio (this is if you print it out). The final reflection should be around 3 quarters of a page, to be on a safe side. I went with a roughly 200 word reflection and my teacher told me to write more. So make sure you have at least that! :P Of course, you can write more that; like I said there's no limit so you can fill a whole page or even more.

The main thing to remember is that it is your CAS co-ordinator who signs you off, so the best answer will come from them. For instance they may have a particular form they want you to fill in. They may want one reflection per activity, or one reflection per 10 hours. They may want a sentence or an essay. They may allow photographs as evidence or they may not consider a photo reflection. Knowing about other schools is useful but the definitive answer is from your own school.

Depends how much your co-ordinator wants. Mine wants at least one or two per activity, or around 20 per semester of IB, so about 60 by the end. 

I'm a bit excessive when writing so I'm at around 70 in second semester of IB1 with around 300-400 words per reflection (absolutely unnecessary though), I just have a constant need to be ahead of the others in my year.