Public or Private

IB Prodigy

Private or public college?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones are you looking at attending?

• I'm only considering public colleges.
    • I'm only considering private colleges.
    • I'm considering some of both.

personally i feel that many of the private universities are better than public ones, im applying to 6 private and 2 public only because they are local schools and cost me lmost nothing because im covered by scholarships for florida students.

Yeah, the average private university is probably better than the average public one. But there are some really good public schools too (at least, there are some around where I live in the midwest).

Well, I'm in the US, so we have some of each... is that not the case in other countries?

Does college equate to university? Because I've never heard of a private university before. Here, it's high school > college OR university. I know in the UK it's school > college > uni so I'm not sure if that's the case where you are as well. Either way, the question doesn't make sense to me. :(

Or perhaps you mean private school? But that just refers to general pre-university schooling...

i lived in both FL and the midwest, and actually only ended up looking at public universities. private wasn't going to give me the life style that iwas interested in. i really liked the local unis that i looked at. there are some good ones in the US for local students. i am at uni right now, and i can tell you taht i am very happy. actually for being a small school is is one of thehigher up business colleges you can attend, and they give out really good scholarships just for having your IB diploma (my tuition is completely paid for and all i have to do is keep 16 credit hours a seester, keeo a 3.5GPA and to public affairs activities).

for those not in the US :

high school then uni or colleg (they are either synonyms or you can use it as i go to this university where i attened the college of business for expamle)

• 4 weeks later...