Say Something Nice!

mac117

Good morning (or good evening) ladies and gentlemen :)

I decided to start a topic which I haven't seen on this forum before, but which can definitely make someone smile.

IB and other education levels are hard - we as the youth of this world have so much pressure upon us that we break sometimes. Some of us fall hard but stand back up, where as some have troubles after trying to get back up a few times. There are also so many different reasons for people to be upset, and it's really a shame that people have to feel that way.

Since the rate of anxiety, depression, and suicide has been rising in the recent years amongst teenagers, I thought that some small acts may help us all.

In this topic you can write anything nice. Motivate people, say it gets better, maybe give an inspirational story. I would like this to be the piece of forum where everyone who gets overwhelmed with stress can read and maybe smile a little.

Every small act counts, so let me begin:

Every day is a new day, and a new chapter in your life. Try to make it the best one so far.

You can write as little as one sentence. It doesn't have to be something specific, yet something uplifting would be... nice :)

Mac, you're a genius for creating this post!

My nice thought:

I don't have time to think about the people who hate me, because I am focusing on the ones who love me.

Thank you, I'm just trying to make people smile a bit :)

My nice thought:

It might be hard, but you'll get through it. We believe in you.

YES! POSTED AT EXACT MIDNIGHT :D

Happy Holidays! :D

Nice thought: For a brief moment in time, you were a moment in someone’s life. A mere extra, passing through their thoughts in milliseconds, but milliseconds of their story nonetheless. For every person you’ve exchanged eye contact with, you have made a contribution to their existence, be it significant or not.

Edit: D'aw! Off by a minute D':

Edited by Rosalina

The past is gone, the future is to come, but today is a little present from the heavens above

surely this day is going to be an awesome one. :D   

This was what my teacher said when she talked about deadlines.

KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS YOU.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

In recent months I was feeling especially low. I really hit myself in an obstacle of life, but happy to say that after talking with myself and with my helping friends and loving family, so I have some experience with difficulties and I have something kind to deliver:

First: Life is Tough, But I am Tougher

Second: (I have this printed and stuck onto my wall so that I always see it. You can use it as a personal motto): In Myself I Believe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

You are who you are. And never apologise for being honest about your true self. Misconceptions and judgements are always going to be present in your life, but simply ignore these. Let them only make you stronger.

After all "We start to alter facts to suit the theories rather than alter the theories to suit the facts."

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On March 21, 2017 at 1:46 PM, ABKor752 said:

I have OCD/Anxiety, so here is something my Forensics coach told me and I will never forget:

"You may have anxiety, but anxiety does not have you."

Unless you're in proverbial "Soviet Russia", in which case, the objects always does the subject. (Yes, those "Soviet Russia" jokes annoy me quite a bit) ;)

But if there happens to be a unfortunate situation that has an element of non-annoying humor, then my advice is:

"Quiver a little, then burst in laughter"

• 3 months later...