Extended Essay

Survival Robot

On 12/10/2018 at 6:32 AM, perestial said:

Hello! I am planning to write my essay on English B, with the topic most likely being religious imagery and themes in the Narnia Chronicles. However I didn’t find many sources but I do think I can get and analyze the content by myself. Would having very little sources be bad? Can I use articles that analyze religion in different books? 

Thanks a lot :)

There should be a ton of sources for this topic. Finding sources just comes down to knowing where to look/how to look. I'd recommend websites with scholarly resources, if your school give you online library access you might have access to paid databases rather than just free ones. But overall, I remember at least one teacher at my school didn't seem to think that not having a large amount of lit criticism was fine.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:54 AM, annebarrero said:

hey guys,

So i need to start looking at my ee and im kind of late, since its kinda already december lol

I was thinking of writing smth related to heraclitus a seminar and heraclitus: the cosmic fragments

I dont know how to put it into a question thou or if it is a good idea since its for english lit. 

Thxxx i really need help

anne x

Hi,

You should try use a thesis just like you would write for any essay in your lit. class. If that's still not clear, you should talk to your teacher and/or check out some the pinned threads in the literature forum on this site. Best of luck.

• 7 months later...

I'm about to start the first year of IB. I know I want to do an English A1 extended essay, and I want to use the book "the name of the rose" by Umberto Eco, but I still have time to think and narrow down my idea (I know it's very vague right now and I need to create a more focused research question later)

I'm not sure if I will compare it to one of Umberto's other works or comparing it to another novel with a similar genre, or if I will focus on aspects of just this book...

the book Eifleheim by Micheal Flynn also interests me, so that could be another option

any suggestions are welcome!

Edited by Ellixttt

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:41 PM, Ellixttt said:

I'm about to start the first year of IB. I know I want to do an English A1 extended essay, and I want to use the book "the name of the rose" by Umberto Eco, but I still have time to think and narrow down my idea (I know it's very vague right now and I need to create a more focused research question later)

I'm not sure if I will compare it to one of Umberto's other works or comparing it to another novel with a similar genre, or if I will focus on aspects of just this book...

the book Eifleheim by Micheal Flynn also interests me, so that could be another option

any suggestions are welcome!

Hi,

I suggest you first review the guide for doing an English Lit EE: it will provide sample RQs, areas of exploration and the parameters you can work within. I can not stress enough the importance of a focused RQ: the tighter the focus, the easier the EE is the organize and write. In my experience, a well-focused RQ leads to a higher score more often than not. 

By way of introduction, I am a former DP English Lit and ToK teacher, university counselor, MYP/DP Coordinator and principal of IB schools. I now work full time to support students such as yourself, with the DP, essay writing and university counseling.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Cheers,

Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! Im currently in DP1 and I started thinking about my EE from English B. I want to write something about Witches and Witchcrafts. I got head full of ideas, however I can't come up with good EE tittle. I was thinking about compering the historical image of witches vs nowadays in our pop culture. Or maybe should I compare something else? Healing Methods used by witches and how it influence alternative medicine? and my last question is how to came up with good EE tittle?Thanks for all of the suggestions and tips!! 😁 

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 11:02 PM, eternallaughter said:

History EE

I have my history EE question but not am sure whether it is specific enough. Any advice?

My question is: Did the Japanese invasion of Malaya lead to the defeat of Japan in world war 2?

Thanks!!

Sounds pretty specific to me! I'd also ask your supervisor, but that looks good to me.

• 5 weeks later...

I have difficulty understanding, how I should go about a world study on Economics and Physics. (An example question that I have thought of is "What proportion of electric to petrol/diesel engines in hybrid cars would provide a more desirable vehicle to  LEDC's  like Sri lanka.) But I have difficulty deciding whether this is eco and phy or eco and bm because factors such as price of batteries and fuel come into the picture. Could you suggest how this could be tweaked to fit into eco a little better.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, Kama said:

Hi guys! Im currently in DP1 and I started thinking about my EE from English B. I want to write something about Witches and Witchcrafts. I got head full of ideas, however I can't come up with good EE tittle. I was thinking about compering the historical image of witches vs nowadays in our pop culture. Or maybe should I compare something else? Healing Methods used by witches and how it influence alternative medicine? and my last question is how to came up with good EE tittle?Thanks for all of the suggestions and tips!! 😁   

You have chosen a very interesting topic for an essay, but I think that you will have to make an effort to compose an essay in a high-quality. Maybe better to ask for help to proffesionaly best essay help. It will be interesting to read the finished result. Especially about the healing method witches use. Do you believe witches exist?

Edited by LeslyDolson
Advertising external sites.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I’m doing my EE on ITGS. My topic is e-waste. Research question: “To what extent does e-waste surpass the positive impact of ICT on the environment?” Do you think it’s a good one??

And, also, I need advice on how to start writing my EE. I have all the information but I can’t get on with the writing. I don’t know how to start. Any advice is useful, thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hello! I reeaaally need help in narrowing down my EE topic. (in bio)

Because of covid-19 I couldn't go to the laboratory to carry out my initial idea, so I'm trying hard to come up with another topic. I was thinking of using dna databases as a primary source. I had an idea to compare some dog breed dnas, but I can't tell if there is any potential. What do you think?

On 11/6/2017 at 11:56 PM, Shin Kuroi said:

ahh, um...

i'm a bit unsure of what mine is, but...

i was thinking of "How does Hirohiko Araki interpret moral differences with the conflicting goals and personalities of the protagonist, Johnny Joestar, and the antagonist, Funny Valentine, in Part 7 of his ongoing Manga series 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure'?

but i am unsure of if that is a good question or not...

it's going into the art category, but I am really nervous and uncertain of how I should conduct research or anything like that.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

I’m fairly late on this!! You’ve probably graduated already by now. I’m both an IB student and I love Araki’s works. I’m curious on what your essay is about ! 

Hi! Im an IB Y2 student and I writing my Visual Arts EE on my favourite mangaka — Hirohiko Araki who wrote Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure!

My RQ format is “How does [thing] influence Hirohiko Araki’s artworks in [part __/ time period] in the context of his use of [poses/ expressions/ colors/ fashion]”

For the space in [thing] that influences his work, I’ve set on either:

Antonio Lopez, Tony Viramontes, Prince, Gianni Versace, Vogue Italia, or Dior.

Any Visual arts students or avid jojo fans, please reply for any insight or advice! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/8/2007 at 1:09 PM, Survival Robot said:

Want to share the title of your extended essay?

Or perhaps need help choosing one?

This is the place.

Psychology - The Psychology of Road Rage: A discussion of psychological explanations of road rage and policy implications.

Hey I am just starting my extended essey and I think am going to be writing about the power of language used to express ones emotion and psycological well being and attitude but am not sure how to start.. 

This is the place.

Psychology - The Psychology of Road Rage: A discussion of psychological explanations of road rage and policy implications.

Hey I am just starting my extended essey and I think am going to be writing about the power of language used to express ones emotion and psycological well being and attitude but am not sure how to start.. 

This is the place.