university of melbourne acceptance rate for international ?

loba

hello guys,

i do the may 2016 exams and my dream is to go to the university of melbourne. now my brother got accepted to it last year because his predicted was a 42 and he ended up getting 41 but he went to canada instead. anyways my predicted isnt out yet but im sure its gonna be between 33-35 depending on what my math SL teacher will give mewithout the bonus point and im sure i will get 2 points bonus for my extended. i also got a 7 in ielts. i want to study broadcast journalism as an international undergrad student at the university of melbourne and their entry requirement is a 31 and ielts 6.5 would i have a good chance of getting accepted or not?

are australian universities specifically melbourne picky and competitive?

oh and i will be applying mid year because of the time difference.( yes i can apply as a mid year student in certain majors without finishing first semester)

i take English A SL literature

Arabic BHL

psychology SL

math SL

Economics HL

Chemistry HL

EE in Arabic BHL

thank you

University of Melbourne has this thing called "Guaranteed Admission" criteria, and as far as I've seen you have a pretty good chance of getting in cause the criteria only states that the person needs to get 31 points in total and have in 4 in English A to have guaranteed admission.

Also most Australian Universities find us very hard to reject since they view us as cash cows (We pay like 5 times more than a domestic citizen). So rest assured, cause you will get in as long as you don't fail IB. 

Source: I'm applying to Uni of Melbourne and almost all students who applied got into the Uni

Edited by gusmanK