Economics EE-Toronto's Rising House Prices

RhythmTrout

Hey guys, I've decided to get started on my EE draft and I chose a new topic because I felt that the previous topic was a bit too narrow. 

My previous topic was, "What are the effects of immigration on the price of houses in the Scarborough region?" and I had started on that draft but soon I felt that I was going nowhere with that topic.

I decided to refine my topic and I was wondering if you guys could give input on whether or not I should narrow it down a bit more.

My new topic is, "How has changes in Toronto's housing market affected the price of houses in the Scarborough-Guildwood (my region) area?"

I am planning on analyzing the factors that affect Toronto's housing market and connecting them to my area. I also know two real-estate agents who know this area well and I am planning on doing an interview with them as a way of gathering primary data.

So what do you guys think? Does this seem like a good topic?

P.S. My mentor left right when the school year ended so now I'm still trying to find out who my new mentor is.

Edited by RhythmTrout

Cool :D I wrote my exams there. Didn't think I'd see another person from my school on this site :lol:

I'm afraid I can't offer a lot of feedback with regards to your topic, but since I'm already posting, I'll do the best I can. As far as your topic goes, I don't know how much the requirements have changed for an EE, especially one in economics. I can say your topic is definitely viable, and you seem to be able to find a lot of valuable information on it. I would start researching these factors, and see how much you can write about it. If you find too many factors to write about, you might want to narrow it down to something like, "How does X, Y and Z affect the price of houses...etc". Make sure you incorporate economic theory that you learned in the IB. Otherwise I think in general you have a good topic. For now, you don't need a research question set in stone; be flexible because you might change it a little bit along the way.

Make sure you get your hands on one of those extended essay guides which show you how to pick your topic and how to write it. The person assessing your essay will most likely have a list of criterion and will be checking if you've met each one. You might be able to find something that can help you in the files section or from a simple Google search.

Hope that helps a bit =)

I'm glad I was able to help. Make sure you run over everything with your new mentor. Really try to grab the material on which your assessor will be using when they look at your essay; I'll be willing to bet it'll make a world of difference. If anything feel free to send me a PM :)

• 5 years later...

“Welcome to We Buy Houses South Florida, the Official Cash Home Buyer of South Florida, Florida, and surrounding areas.

We provide home sellers with a cash option to purchase their property quickly—with NO Repairs, and NO Fees or Commissions.

Simply go to our website or call us at (800) 766-7745 to get a no-obligation cash home offer sent to you. It’s free and confidential.