History IA research question

dlgjsrb21

Dear fellow IB history students

My initial History IA research question is "How did China affect Korea by getting involved in the Korean War"?

However, I find it very difficult to answer this question, so I've changed the research question to

"How deeply(To what extent) was the USA involved in the Korean War?"

I just wanted to know whether or not this research question has an error.

Best regards

I think the question is a bit vague to be discussed within 2000 words. The diction choice of 'deeply' can be ambiguous and could be hard to tackle. 'To what extent was the USA involved in the Korean War' also sounds awkward because USA did indeed get involved in the Korean War.

Maybe try to focus on a specific aspect, for example usage of propaganda, reasons for USA's involvement, result of USA's involvement, maybe link it with UN if you wanted to discuss USA's influence in the UN force.

Hope this helped!

By the way, I'm almost finished with my history IA which is also on Korean War, albeit a different aspect. If you need any recommendation for sources, I might be able to give you some help.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 7/28/2015 at 8:24 PM, ebu said:

I think the question is a bit vague to be discussed within 2000 words. The diction choice of 'deeply' can be ambiguous and could be hard to tackle. 'To what extent was the USA involved in the Korean War' also sounds awkward because USA did indeed get involved in the Korean War.

Maybe try to focus on a specific aspect, for example usage of propaganda, reasons for USA's involvement, result of USA's involvement, maybe link it with UN if you wanted to discuss USA's influence in the UN force.

Hope this helped!

By the way, I'm almost finished with my history IA which is also on Korean War, albeit a different aspect. If you need any recommendation for sources, I might be able to give you some help.