Has anyone gotten physical pains from stress?

Even though I'm not in IB yet, I do suffer from physical pain from stress. I have been diagnosed with anxiety which makes me panic very easily (I have at lest 2 HUGE panic attacks a week), which are companied by physical pain. It's usually a headache or stomach pain, but when it's very severe my whole body gets tense and my muscles hurt A LOT (especially my arm and stomach muscles).

My doctor told me that it isn't very unusual but if it occurs too often you should visit one too, to check exactly why you get the physical pain.

from what i know from personal experience (because i get this too) is that stress and anxiety are not things that are only in the brain but they are all through the body (hence why a person with anxiety is generally twitchy or a person with depression may feel an all over numbness). a lot of people carry their stress in different places like common ones are on your brow, neck/shoulders/back or stomach but yeah its pretty normal when in very stressed out environments because psychology and physiology are closely linked

I don't get physical pain directly from stress. I'm an athlete and I exercise regularly so muscle soreness and a shoulder injury from a couple years ago do act up when I am stressed. So for me it's more like

Physical exertion + stress = Physical pain/soreness

I don't get headaches as long as I don't sit in front of the computer for too long, my stomach feels like it's knotted before an exam even if I'm not consciously feeling nervous, I get dizzy when I'm focused on something and there's too much noise going on. I'll use exams as an example: when everyone is waiting to go in to write the exam and they are all chattering, I need to step away and go somewhere else until we are called in to write it. I don't exactly know why but I suppose it may be because I'm mentally preparing myself, trying to stay calm and focused and the panicky, over-exaggerated conversations by my classmates get to be too much :P

I've a lot of aches in my back and limbs because of stress and maybe because of overtraining, occasionally. And the headaches. I've started taking pain pills much more freely nowadays because I can't concentrate otherwise. I am seriously so excited of summer, uh.

• 6 years later...
On 5/12/2015 at 1:13 PM, almostdonewootwoot said:

During this exam season I've been getting really strong aches all over my body. I think this is probably due to stress. Have any of you guys gotten physical pains and aches from IB stress?

Yes, it's honestly completely normal, even though it really shouldn't be.