group 4 project HELP

kamacelebrytka

Hello!

So here's the situation. I've done the group 4 project, but collaboration with my group turned out to be more difficult then I expected. A first deadline was supposed to be a presentation of the work we've done so far, but basically everyone was ready by then and everyone presented the final project. Teachers approved it.
Then it turned out that the "condition" to "pass" it  was to present it in front of school what my group refused to do (there wasn't really an option for me to go alone :unsure: ).
I just got an info, that we didn't "pass" it. What does that mean? Can you fail a G4P?
What are the consequences? 

Anyone help please.
Thanks in advance. 
  • Like 1

I have no idea about the "consequences", but you will not get graded for the group4 project so in that case you can't "fail" it. I guess as long as you did the actual lab investigation then you won't have to do anything more. A girl in my group was sick during the experimentation day so she wrote the lab report instead, we also had to present it to the pre-IBs and she didn't take part in that either, and she won't have to do it again next year or anything :) 

Don't panic, it's just a group 4 project and your teachers will probably tell you more if there's some kind of problem since you didn't have the presentation :)

• Like 3

You do get graded on G4 - although it's only a tiny percentage of your grade. So talk to your teachers, because they would know the best what will happen. 

Sofia, you don't get graded on the Group 4 project, I am pretty sure about that as I just read the IB Group 4 Guide and checked the assessment weighting. It's only the IA and final examinations that count. The G4 project is just a requirement that needs to be fulfilled as part of the course to encourage exploration with other fields of science and interacting with individuals from other subjects to collaborate together and utilise the principals of all the sciences in one topic, however it isn't used against a person for their assessment. :)

So kamacelebrytka, don't worry :)

• Like 2

Oh...well at our school, Group 4 does count towards our IA mark (6-12 marks) thus it does get graded and counts...but I would talk to your teacher and ask them what to do in your case because it wasn't you who refused to present it, but the rest of your group which isn't fair to those who agreed.

doing group 4 project is a failing condition so if you don't pass you fail ib from what i understand  :dontgetit:

you do get graded on it but its just a tiny part of your group 4 ia mark but still it has to be done or you fail so i strongly recommend you talk to your group 4 teacher or head of department or something because if you don't pass you fail..

like at my school we were told if we were sick and couldn't do it we would be sent to another ib school to do g4 with that school because it has to be done

and the only mark is how well you worked with your group so i don't know why you would not pass from not doing a presentation but talk to someone who knows the official rules and stuff 

• Like 1