Dating While in IB?

Evan Sweetin

Lots of people say that IB, will distract you from having a Social Life. That's not really true, the only busiest time that you'll have, is by the second year of IB with all the IAs, TOK presentation and essay, and your extended essay, adding to that your exams. However, if you're really good with managing your time, then I asssure you that's no problem at all :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been daring my girlfriend for almosta year now, and while I still play sports, work really hard on my my school work and because of it many times lose a lot of dleep, especialmy on the weekends, Its all been worth it, because i have loved every single minute of being with my girlfriend.

While we though we couldnt keep our relationship up with all the work, we've been as strong as ever, being together almost always at school, while still working really hard to do well in school.

A relationship during the ib is only recommendable in my opinion if:

1. You are a really hard worker or have really good motivation and dedication

2. The girl/boy you are dating is worth the hustle

3. You are willing to give up some sleep for your partner

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/13/2015 at 12:18 AM, Evan Sweetin said:

Just curious, but is it hard to balance out school life with a dating life? I mean, I've seen people do it, but thy aren't the brightest of people. So I guess what I'm really asking is that can you date someone in or out of IB and not have everything else in life get screwed up? 

date someone in IB and pass it off as "service".

serious answer: try to focus on school but if there is someone you like go for it but make sure they understand you can't always spend time with them everyday

• 2 years later...