Statistics IA

tired

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone could offer me any ideas on what other statistical tests or math can be used in my math ia on statistics. I already did linear regression, pearson correlation coefficient and chi squared test. I was also thinking of doing standard deviation but I'm not sure how that would be helpful in my analysis since I'm comparing the relationship of two variables. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Tony

sd is only helpful if your results are in a bell curve and also i don't think it counts as a complicated mathematical process. From memory you only need 3 complicated mathematical process so i think you're fine and those are the only 3 that I can think of that are actually in the syllabus. of course for not complicated ones theres mean/mode/median but i'm assuming you've already done those.

• Like 1

I actually didn't do mean/mode/median because I don't know understand how that would be relevant in my math ia where I am testing for a relationship. Can you elaborate if it helps my topic is on the relationship between family income and Mean SAT Score. Any help is appreciated! :)

I actually didn't do mean/mode/median because I don't know understand how that would be relevant in my math ia where I am testing for a relationship. Can you elaborate if it helps my topic is on the relationship between family income and Mean SAT Score. Any help is appreciated! :)

eeeeeehhhhh, can i ask if you've seen this? http://www.slideshare.net/BillyEgg/ib-math-studies-internal-assessment-final-draft because not to panic you but if your ia is too similar to that one that i publicly available online then turnitin could pick it up and you will be in a bit of a pickle...

but if you're looking at mean sat score, then you're using the mean to divide the scores into classes, no? or if you got your data already in the mean classes you need to show evidence of sampling because that's part of the criteria.

and i'm actually pretty certain for the ia you only need to use 3 complex calculations and there's no point doing stuff not on the criteria because it won't get you marks. (check the criteria!!)

Edited by ibprincess

Yes I have seen that one but I personalized my own and my data is completely different from that one. Of course, there will be some ia's that are similar in the topic. If i cite my sources, does that help additionally?

Edited by Tony Zhang_131625

• 6 years later...