Math IA Survey!

bethiedrama101

Hi! 

Below is the link to the experiment. If you could please do the experiment and post your results it would be greatly appreciated. (please let me know if you read the rationale prior to conducting the experiment)

http://math.ucsd.edu/~crypto/Monty/monty.html

Thanks so much!! 

:)

When replying please let me know if you stayed with your original door or if you switched and if you won or not. 

Edited by bethiedrama101

Hi! 

Below is the link to the experiment. If you could please do the experiment and post your results it would be greatly appreciated. (please let me know if you read the rationale prior to conducting the experiment)

http://math.ucsd.edu/~crypto/Monty/monty.html

Thanks so much!! 

:)

When replying please let me know if you stayed with your original door or if you switched and if you won or not. 

CONGRATULATIONS! You're a winner! RECAP: You originally picked door 3 and then stayed with that door. Here is a summary of how previous contestants have fared.   # of Players Winners Percent Winners Switched 8 5 62.5 Didn't Switch 9 5 55.6

Haha I stayed with my original door and yeah I won. :P

• 2 months later...

Recap: You originally picked door three and then stayed with that door. Here is a summary of how previous contestants fared:

# of Player                  Winners                   Percent Winners

Switched                   182                            113                                 62.1

Didn't Switch             140                             51                                  36.4

I switched my door from 2 to 3! Here are my results:

CONGRATULATIONS! You're a winner! RECAP: You originally picked door 2 and then switched to door 3. Here is a summary of how previous contestants have fared.  

# of Players               Winners              Percent Winners

Switched                      185                         115                             62.2 

Didn't Switch                140                          51                              36.4

Good luck on your IA!

Edited by Cameron Alwes

Done!

Let's Make a Deal:

Monty Knows

CONGRATULATIONS! You're a winner!

RECAP: You originally picked door 1 and then switched to door 3.

Edit: I remember the Monty Hall problem. One of my favourite puzzles!!

Good luck on your IA!

Edited by TDgen47@IB