do you think guys and girls can be just friends?

Kamen rider baron

Well yeah obviously. In my perspective, in order for any friendship to be strong (doesn't matter the gender or race, etc.) there should be support and trust between the friends. Many people just look for friends in order to have fun (to go outside, look cool in front of people, etc.), but if you stop and think.. What do you really need a friend for? I just need friends for support, advice, etc. and obviously for fun but that isn't my primary focus.

Different people look at friends and like them for different things, and it all matters in the way of their thinking. Anyways, yes obviously people from the opposite can be friends (but there may be different intentions for it).

Edited by Baller97

Of course. I have many male friends and they are awesome folks. Why should I stop those friendships because of they happen to be opposite gender.

Original question is also a bit narriw-eyed because all people are not straight. For example, I'm straight girl and one of my good friends is gay boy. The doesn't come any stupid romantic thoughts.

And I have many straight guys as friends too, and it's useful and view-widening for both sides. None of us what's to fall in love and spoil our friendship.

• Like 1

Absolutely. I have more guys as close friends than I do girls, and I don't see them in a romantic way at all, which is probably a good thing since I have a boyfriend. I'm just friends with them because they're funny, fun to hang out with, and understand what it's like being in a difficult uni major. And they consider me "one of the bros" :P so there's no other motivations on their part either.

This question reminds me of primary school where you're only friends with girls because guys are icky and gross (which is still true sometimes). :P

Absolutely. I have more guys as close friends than I do girls, and I don't see them in a romantic way at all, which is probably a good thing since I have a boyfriend. I'm just friends with them because they're funny, fun to hang out with, and understand what it's like being in a difficult uni major. And they consider me "one of the bros" :P so there's no other motivations on their part either.

This question reminds me of primary school where you're only friends with girls because guys are icky and gross (which is still true sometimes). :P

And its exactly the opposite for guys. Girls seemed like crazy icky creatures. 

then puberty hits, and your world is shaken :P

• 1 month later...

Just saw this thread! 

I think guys and girls can totally be just friends, but it is important to note that your friends can be hot too and sometimes the mind just wanders, you know?

Are you telling me if you are hanging out with this guy: 

19467.jpg

You wouldn't every now and then think about riding that chocolate train all the way to Willy Wonka's factory, and doing it like the Oompa Loompas do it? 

Don't lie to yourself

The fact remains though, that we have a certain amount of rationality, and we recognise that this person may not be a match for us, romantically. 

In other words, guys and girls can be friends, but doesn't mean there can't be bits of appreciation for each others' bums sometimes :P

• Like 3

Just saw this thread! 

I think guys and girls can totally be just friends, but it is important to note that your friends can be hot too and sometimes the mind just wanders, you know?

19467.jpg

You wouldn't every now and then think about riding that chocolate train all the way to Willy Wonka's factory, and doing it like the Oompa Loompas do it? 

Don't lie to yourself

The fact remains though, that we have a certain amount of rationality, and we recognise that this person may not be a match for us, romantically. 

In other words, guys and girls can be friends, but doesn't mean there can't be bits of appreciation for each others' bums sometimes :P

Well, really depends on a person. I have never found myself thinking that about my friends :/ maybe because I'm not sexual person at all. In fact when I was younger I have tought I might be an asexual, thou that's not exaclty the case either. I just find that there is more important things than sex (by far more important things) and having sex would be too risky, and I value my friendships way beyond the level I would be ready to spoil them with sex so why even think? :D but I understand your point of view on this :)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread! 

19467.jpg

Don't lie to yourself

Accurate and precise!

I think guys and girls can definitely be friends. But it depends on the distance that they put between them. If it's too close, you might fall into something that we call love. But if you keep it just somewhere at waving Hi in the hallways and small chit chat during lunch, it'll be just until that (in my opinion).