Is my TOK presentation question OK?

Anna Kupriyanova

Hey Guys! 

I've changed my knowledge question like 3 times already and I think I'm gonna go for this one - "to what extent do ways of knowing alter our beliefs" 

The real-life situation is cigarettes commercials in the 1950s' that used to deceit people into thinking that smoking is healthy 

Do you think it's a good question? 

Thank you!!

I do like your idea! Which ways of knowing are talking about though? I think it would sound more natural and specific if you replaced 'ways of knowing' with the specific WoKs you are talking about. Because now it is a bit too wide I think. 

try to make "ways of knowing" more specific in the question... better avoid "our" cuz it should be overall general

maybe you can say to what extend do language, sense perception, reasoning and faith alter belief(ves)... 

although it might not look like so "tok" but being specific is so important :)  

• 4 weeks later...

Contrary to everyone else, I say to leave the words " ways of knowing" in your question, unless it becomes plainly obvious that you will only focus on two or three. If this is not the case, however, stating "ways of knowing" is more natural than a synthetic list of six to seven ways of knowing.

--Esteban