Maths IA - Prisoner's Dilemma & Game Theory Help

Rasmus Erler

I'd say try to write why is it interesting to you, what made you do it in the first place, and try to find your own example, or applications to real-world situations. Btw, a truly nice topic! :)

That's my problem. I can't find any "own examples". I keep coming up wiht only very simple ones that aren't really different to the ones I have already.

Well, you can still use them, unfortunately we can't discover hot water with our maths IAs. ;) Then take an existing one and alter it slightly, say, choose a different number of iterations. Even if it ends up being the same example, what's more important is the way you write about it - so, try to sound enthusiastic, use first-person writing, lead the reader to the solution. It might help to imagine you're explaining it to someone in front of the black board - what would you include, how would you talk? :)

• Like 2

Then take an existing one and alter it slightly, say, choose a different number of iterations.

So just take an existing one such as advertising budget and add extra options? I have done that and it my teacher says it's not enough. He can be a bit pendantic but I'd like to not **** up my 7 :). But thanks for the help. ;)

• 6 years later...
On 11/27/2014 at 2:14 PM, Rasmus Erler said:

So I'm stuck on my Maths IA. I have written quite a bit but I'm lacking the "Personal Engagement" part. I'm really stumped on how to apply it myself apart from the general examples.

Prisoner's Dilemma:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

Any suggestions?

Hey im in the same position right now writing my maths IA, it would be really helpful if you can share yours with me, if you got a good grade.