Got a letter from Harvard

I recently recieved two letters from Harvard titled 'The Truth About Engineering and Science at Harvard' and 'How Much Will Harvard Cost You?'. Could it be because I started to fill my Common App application for Harvard? 

Edited by Yuki Kuran

Yeah, that's probably it. When doing the SATs, did you tick that box that says you're willing to let CollegeBoard send your scores and all to universities? Cause then they send them and if you're in a certain range with certain interests they send you promotional material (most colleges) telling you to apply. 

You should probably expect similar emails and letters from other similar-tier colleges. 

Yeah, that's probably it. When doing the SATs, did you tick that box that says you're willing to let CollegeBoard send your scores and all to universities? Cause then they send them and if you're in a certain range with certain interests they send you promotional material (most colleges) telling you to apply. 

You should probably expect similar emails and letters from other similar-tier colleges. 

I've taken SAT test only once and its results will be available only in 3 days. 

They log your name when you register, I just checked. :P

Depending on what else they asked you and what you answered you'll get mail from colleges looking for that kind of student. Perhaps Harvard is looking for STEM majors and you said you're into STEM (I'm just assuming because you have math and physics HL :P ) which is why they sent you the letter.

Colleges send mail to all sorts of people, whether or not they can afford to go, are academically qualified to go or willing to go. 

I don't know if the Common App has anything like that. I know CollegeBoard does though. 

Either way, good luck applying! :) 

• Like 2