PS management

Hi, I am applying for a management course, but I am interested in a course called "marketing and management" at one of the universities, my PS mainly focuses on management but I briefly mentioned my volunteer experience at a marketing department. Do you think I should apply for this course or should I stick to just management?

This is applicable for UK unis, not sure about others. 

From what I have seen, most UK unis that don't have entrance tests or interviews place quite an emphasis on interviews. So if you're applying for marketing & mgmt, you want to be sure to have them take up roughly equally space on the PS. Else you look like you're only going for the second subject because it comes with the subject you want. This puts you in a weaker position compared to a candidate who has the same academic profile/reference as you, but has a more comprehensive PS that addresses both subjects. 

Do you actually want to do marketing? If you do, then adjusting your PS shouldn't be a problem! If you don't, well then just apply to management. 

On the other hand, if you're a 45 point student applying to a medium tier uni.. So long as you send in your application you'll be fine :P

• Like 1

thank you! also, my points are 34/42 and my uni requires 35/36. since i will be applying out of 42, will they know i'm expecting bonus points

Well I'd imagine your teachers will give you some sort of predicted grades for EE and ToK, which will determine your bonus points. This will then be uploaded by your admissions counsellor onto UCAS. Essentially, you will be applying with predicted grades out of 45 :D