Fonts

openlaszlo

I just have a quick question: What fonts/font families are we allowed to use in the IB Extended Essay? Most people use Times New Roman but I personally hate how it looks and I would like to make my paper, which i have spent weeks working on, look more than just one of the essays i turned in last year for english class.

It's best just to ask your IB co-ordinator so then they don't freak out at you when you submit your EE in some random font. I would just say, stick with Times New Roman. I mean, you're trying to look professional. Who cares if it looks boring, you're not the one reading it. :ninja:

Edited by KLSmash

It's best just to ask your IB co-ordinator so then they don't freak out at you when you submit your EE in some random font. I would just say, stick with Times New Roman. I mean, you're trying to look professional. Who cares if it looks boring, you're not the one reading it. :ninja:

That's probably a good idea but hopefully they'll give me the A-ok to change it. Its due in two days so I won't have to wait long!

Calibri and Cambria are beautiful, new-age fonts. :ninja:

I THINK our IBC gave us a list of acceptable fonts but I can't find the list. Or can be sure that I didn't make this up, for that matter.

Hmm... you never know. If it looks good and reads easily, maybe the marker will be swayed somewhat even before he/she reads the first line on the page. I know I certainly judge essays/books based on what they look like, but that could be because I'm superficial. :P

I think im going to be daring and do it. If my IB EE advisor doesn't like it(I don't think he cares about the font, personally) I'll change it. And yes, Calibri is a great font, it looks sleak and elegant but isn't showy. I am very impressed with The MS Office 2007 Suite, they really polished it up nicely.

I think im going to be daring and do it. If my IB EE advisor doesn't like it(I don't think he cares about the font, personally) I'll change it. And yes, Calibri is a great font, it looks sleak and elegant but isn't showy. I am very impressed with The MS Office 2007 Suite, they really polished it up nicely.

Tbh, I don't think most people can even name any fonts other than Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, Comic Sans, and maybe Verdana, much less see the difference between two fonts. I am envious that you are finished your EE though. :ninja: