Asking a girl to prom

King112

Embrace your shyness :) I don't mean you shouldn't be confident but also stay true to who you are :P If you come on too strong she might mistake you for who you're not and reject you because she likes shy guys :)

Thanks for the advice..... And are you serious girls like shy guys? I always thought they liked louder confident guys. 

Oh alright. So its not like i dont have a chance if I am not loud. On a side note, I have a battle of the bands, and we are planning on playing flight of Icarus by Iron Maiden. I asked her, and she said that she would prefer hard rock to punk, and we just happen to be doing that. I am lead guitar, and may be singing, will this impress her? though I also know a lot of girls dont like stuff like Iron Maiden

Who knows if it's going to impress her? She says she likes hard rock. And most girls can at least appreciate the time it takes to develop skill at an instrument.

Gee, it's almost like each girl has her own preferences/likes that strangers on the internet can't figure out for you...

Also why is this thread still going on after 6 pages? You're losing time. Ask her out or I'm going to ask her out to prom.

• Like 2

Who knows if it's going to impress her? She says she likes hard rock. And most girls can at least appreciate the time it takes to develop skill at an instrument.

Gee, it's almost like each girl has her own preferences/likes that strangers on the internet can't figure out for you...

Also why is this thread still going on after 6 pages? You're losing time. Ask her out or I'm going to ask her out to prom.

the reason is that I lack the courage to ask. Also, a mutual friend told me to wait a bit because its too early, and as the new kid i shouldnt be the first guy to ask out. 

i am chatting with her, and working out, trying to impress her. so thats why this is still running

You should get to know her as opposed to trying to impress her.

I know, I meant to say that. Sorry, wasnt thinking straight. 

EDIT: Huge rant/emotional outbreak coming out.

So today after TOK, which was our last class for the day, I walked next to her and since she had been looking worn out of late, I asked her if everything was OK. At this point, another dude turns up. She tells me everything's fine and that she's just tired from school. Then she basically ignores me and playfully wacks this other dude on his head, and they start chatting. I walked away, and she didnt even say bye. I felt so ****ing bad. I mean it ****ing hurt, that he just sort of ignored me totally. I was so upset and feeling shattered. And now i doubt if I even have a ****ing chance. I mean what the hell, it seems like she doesnt even care. I am so ****ing upset, I'm thinking of working out harder, (excercise always makes me feel better), until she notices my muscles or something. I am feeling like a ****ing wreck thats been ****ing incinerated.

I know that I should not let it define me and all that, but i just think that it's like she doesn't even think I'm a friend. I somehow think that the chances of her going with me to prom have just slipped into ****ing negatives.

Thanks to whoever read this, and sorry about the language, i just burst today.

Edited by King112

So today after TOK, which was our last class for the day, I walked next to her and since she had been looking worn out of late, I asked her if everything was OK. At this point, another dude turns up. She tells me everything's fine and that she's just tired from school. Then she basically ignores me and playfully wacks this other dude on his head, and they start chatting. I walked away, and she didnt even say bye. I felt so ****ing bad. I mean it ****ing hurt, that he just sort of ignored me totally. I was so upset and feeling shattered. And now i doubt if I even have a ****ing chance. I mean what the hell, it seems like she doesnt even care. I am so ****ing upset, I'm thinking of working out harder, (excercise always makes me feel better), until she notices my muscles or something. I am feeling like a ****ing wreck thats been ****ing incinerated.

I know that I should not let it define me and all that, but i just think that it's like she doesn't even think I'm a friend. I somehow think that the chances of her going with me to prom have just slipped into ****ing negatives.

Please stop. I'm not here to give you advice about how to get the girl of your dreams or whatnot, I'm just here to tell you to wake up a bit. You're revolving your life around trying to please this one girl, who may not even like you back. You're losing yourself here while trying to impress others. If you keep obsessing over how to get this girl and she rejects you, that rejection is going to hit hard and it's going to hurt. I'm not some kind of love guru or anything, this is just common sense. Live your life, and stop being consumed by ideas of whether she likes you or not. The most important thing now is to focus on your studies (I sound like a parent, I know), if your whole time is spent focusing on the girl then your grades are going to suffer. And lastly, don't make going to the gym a habit 'to impress girls' because some girls hate it when a guy tries to show off, make it a lifestyle choice to be healthy. Long story short, focus on your life and studies, and the right girl will come in her own time. My views may be different as I come from a religious background (the no dating sort), but I just thought I'd put my two cents in.

• Like 2

Please stop. I'm not here to give you advice about how to get the girl of your dreams or whatnot, I'm just here to tell you to wake up a bit. You're revolving your life around trying to please this one girl, who may not even like you back. You're losing yourself here while trying to impress others. If you keep obsessing over how to get this girl and she rejects you, that rejection is going to hit hard and it's going to hurt. I'm not some kind of love guru or anything, this is just common sense. Live your life, and stop being consumed by ideas of whether she likes you or not. The most important thing now is to focus on your studies (I sound like a parent, I know), if your whole time is spent focusing on the girl then your grades are going to suffer. And lastly, don't make going to the gym a habit 'to impress girls' because some girls hate it when a guy tries to show off, make it a lifestyle choice to be healthy. Long story short, focus on your life and studies, and the right girl will come in her own time. My views may be different as I come from a religious background (the no dating sort), but I just thought I'd put my two cents in.

Look, I understand what you are saying. But I think that my grades are decent, so there isnt  a problem. To be honest, I if she doesnt like me back, well, I have gone through that before, so really, i know how to deal with rejection (but dont know how to become friends with a girl).

Thanks for your concern though

Edit: I think she has a new boyfriend. After TOK, the same dude from last time sneaked up behind her and hugged her, and she hugged him back. Then they walked to the canteen arms around each other. I am giving up :(

Thanks for your help guys, means a lot..........

I'll just try to be friends with her, because it is possible they are friends, but I have lost ALL hope.

Edited by King112

guys, I really cant build courage...... So i am stuck again, like I suddenly cant talk to her at all. What should I do?? I am freaking out and am kind of sad. Today, after history, i decided that i would at least ask her how her weekend was. But, even though we were walking side by side, and I have a new haircut (a mohawk but the sides are short not shaved) and feeling more confident, I just lost my nerve. I started thinking that I would annoy her or something. What do i do?

HELP PLEASE

Come on man

How long are you going to be so scared to talk to girls. Put on your courage boots and just express your feelings man. It will help you.

Just go to her and without any fear ask her how her day was and build up your conversation. One day you could even ask her out man.

cheer up.

Come on man

How long are you going to be so scared to talk to girls. Put on your courage boots and just express your feelings man. It will help you.

Just go to her and without any fear ask her how her day was and build up your conversation. One day you could even ask her out man.

cheer up.

I dont have an issue talking to girls as such any more. Its only her! But yeah, I am improving, and am talking to her a bit

• 1 month later...

hey all, been a long time, but asked my crush today. She said "Im not sure Im going to prom. so i cant give you an answer, sorry." Then i said ok, and we walked in silence for a few minutes, and talked about history. Then this other dude shows up, she hugs him and kisses his cheek. I figure she was hinting NO!. Then we said bye, and i walked away

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice you all gave me. means a lot

Edited by King112
  • Like 1

hey all, been a long time, but asked my crush today. She said "Im notp sure Im going to prom. so i cant give you an answer, sorry." Then i said ok, and we walked in silence for a few minutes, and talked about history. Then this other dude shows up, she hugs him and kisses his cheek. I figure she was hinting NO!. Then we said bye, and i walked away

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice you all gave me. means a lot

Oh, I'm sad for you, :( the girl shoudl have told honestly that she is with someone else.

For your comfort, I can tell you it goes over with time :( I have had many crushes, but after about 3 disappointments I notice I don't even fall in love anymore :D which I think is a positive thing since no more broken hearts and lost nerves for a dude. At least for me its good thing since boys don't like me. I'm not even going to "prom" (or thing we have here, not called prom)

So head up, I know it must feel sad now but it will be better. :) don't worry too much. Focus on studies, I have upgraded almost all of my grades after I got dumbed :D

• Like 1