IA Guidance?

DannyRodeck

Hello everyone! 

So being Math SL my weakest subject, I am now having trouble choosing an IA topic and I must have an idea of what I am going to make for friday. The topics I find the easiest are statistics and vectors, yet I don't know how to find a statistical problem that is SL level and not Studies level, and I haven't come with any idea with vectors. My passion is music, but the ideas i have thought of relating to this, require very hard work in collecting data and I don't wanna kill myself doing this because I got tons of other things to do. So any ideas with something that won't take me a century collecting data and is between my interests or at least from statistics or vectors? (I'm also fine with trigonometry)

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

if you want to do it in vectors, I'd suggest projectile motion and apply it in a real life instance (like war). I did mine on projectile motion and it was easy, but looked fairly complicated due to the vectors and trigonometry stuff involved

there's heaps of things you can do in stats, like modelling and predicting tidal waves, and something involving nature (like finding why fishes above/below a certain size can't be fished)

if you want to do it in vectors, I'd suggest projectile motion and apply it in a real life instance (like war). I did mine on projectile motion and it was easy, but looked fairly complicated due to the vectors and trigonometry stuff involved

there's heaps of things you can do in stats, like modelling and predicting tidal waves, and something involving nature (like finding why fishes above/below a certain size can't be fished)

Wow, thank you very much! I am actually very interested in a projectile motion project, I was thinking of something like golf, because I could test it. Or maybe something with ping pong which sounds easier to me. What do you think about it?