EE Topic History invasion of Afghanistan

iluvri

I have done my EE On The effect of taliban invasion of afghanistan on women health.

It came out to be very bad as i used all my sources from one.

My teacher asked me to changed my topic and i have 5 days. Any suggestions on what i should change it to which is still focuses on Afghanistan. I can still use 1/4 of my past essay.

I may have under estimated the time which has passed but the topic of a History EE cannot be from within the previous 10 years. I think the invasion of Afghanistan is within that time and therefore not acceptable as a topic, or at least trickles into the latest 10 years. I'm a bit hazy on the dates myself and clearly you will know more, but you should be aware of that rule.

Re-using part of your essay for something else will probably not give you such a good essay because the focus may be slightly out. The actual EE deadline should be around January next year so it's probably worth asking your teacher about whether you should just take a bit of extra time for finding something new. As you've done a lot of research into this area and also have written a lot about it, you're probably the person best placed to find some kind of additional area to expand or re-direct into. If I were you, I'd think about all the stuff you came across and things which tie in well with your topic.

• Like 1

In addition to the post above, try to find a new topic relating to the Taliban in Afghanistan so you don't have to completely start from scratch. You may be able to come up with some other research question that satisfies the ten year rule based on what you've found so far. The Taliban's origins trace back to the late 1970's and early 1980's, so you can definitely find appropriate information and come up with something. Try looking into things such as causes, important leaders, or key events that influenced the Taliban in some way as possible topics. Once you've come up with some possible topics, we'll give you some advice on how to better them.

• Like 1

In addition to the post above, try to find a new topic relating to the Taliban in Afghanistan so you don't have to completely start from scratch. You may be able to come up with some other research question that satisfies the ten year rule based on what you've found so far. The Taliban's origins trace back to the late 1970's and early 1980's, so you can definitely find appropriate information and come up with something. Try looking into things such as causes, important leaders, or key events that influenced the Taliban in some way as possible topics. Once you've come up with some possible topics, we'll give you some advice on how to better them.

.After a little bit of research i was able to find something that i might be able to use.

To what extend does Taliban invasion of Afghanistan in 1996 gave rise to the drug addiction today.

To what extend did the decade long wars in Afghanistan gave rise to the drug addiction today.

Guys help me alter the question if needed or if you have any new idea please tell me

Either topic wouldn't work because they fail to meet the 10 year requirement. All topics and information in your essay relating to that topic must have occurred at least 10 years ago, so nothing after 2004 will be allowed. It's also extremely broad (drug addiction where? in what group of people? what kind of drug addiction?) and wouldn't be an appropriate topic.

Choose something else.

why not alter these topics to when the soviets invaded afghanistan in the 70's.... that's actually what sparked these islamic terrorist groups and extremists but you can also talk about how when they invaded afghanistan, afghan people had to go to Pakistan as refugees and they brought their HUGE trade of drugs (opium/marijuana) with them, and that also led to the destruction of the pakistani social hierarchy and obviously afghanistan's too.

just a suggestion :)