What is History HL paper 3 on?

ibfederer

Hey guys, with the History HL exam coming up I have one question: What is paper 3 on? Also, any tips/advice for paper 3?

I know paper 1 is on analyzing sources and answering questions; paper 2 is choosing 2 questions from ~30 and answering both. But I have no clue on what paper 3 is on, haven't been able to find any past papers either...

Edited by ibfederer

I'm confused as to how you've heard nothing about it/haven't been able to find one online. You should have studied a region in class (eg. The Americas, Europe and the Middle East...) and the exam will focus on that region. You'll need to write three essays from (I think) 24 questions in 2hrs 30min. There's several sections (at least for Europe and the Middle East) and each section has two questions.

@Thrashmaster - OK, yes that's what we've been studying. So History of the Americas it is.

@battlescarves - Well let's just say that my teachers are new to IB so they really don't know much about the exams and how they're graded, etc. Not blaming them for everything, but they - unfortunately - haven't done their job as well as they should have. But it makes more sense now, thanks!

@Thrashmaster - OK, yes that's what we've been studying. So History of the Americas it is.

@battlescarves - Well let's just say that my teachers are new to IB so they really don't know much about the exams and how they're graded, etc. Not blaming them for everything, but they - unfortunately - haven't done their job as well as they should have. But it makes more sense now, thanks!

You should try to find some papers online (just search History of the Americas Paper 3 and something should come up after some digging) and familiarize yourself with the kind of questions that come up.

• 5 weeks later...