General Examination Inquiries

Angad Sharma

Read all the rules of conduct and IB documents.

Unlimited page supply, stationery.

The IB provides them with a huge bunch which does NOT restrict ANY child to 4 answer sheets.

Although, if your school policy states so, why don't you use 8-page booklets instead of 4-page ones?

Hey- just a question, if I use more than one answer booklet, do I have to number them booklet 1, booklet 2 in any way or attach them to the string tag in any order (apart from the obvious cover sheet- exam paper - answer book 1 - answer book 2?

Thanks to all of you who're answering our questions, must be rather repetitive by now!

Hello,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. But it is related to exams.

For the papers of chemistry and physics is the school obliged to provide you with an up to date data booklet. In other words is the data booklet specific to each examination session? I ask this because I have found (while doing past papers) that some values change between each year. For example if I'm using the 2007 data booklet to do a 2010 past paper I get wrong answers for calculations because the values in the mark scheme and the values in the data booklet are different.

So does the school need to provide you with a current data booklet or can it just photocopy data booklets from the past?

Thanks smile.gif

I think it depends on the renewal of each curriculum. For example, math HL has a new curriculum starting this year, so they had a brand new data booklet, on which it says "first examination 2014." However, for chemistry, I was provided with a data booklet saying "first examination 2009," which is when I think they renewed the curriculum. So I don't know about physics, but that's how it goes I think.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Apologies if someone has asked this before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I have heard from my school's current DP2s that if you have more than 6 hours of exams in one day you are allowed to reschedule one of the exams. I can't find anything about it on any of the IB websites or the Procedures for Diploma Program Handbook. Does anyone know if this is true or not? 

• 3 years later...