jayaaa

I'm japanese and i go to an international school in japan. i'm a sophomore

i want to go to a japanese university with an international program

the colleges that I'm thinking of applying are

Univ of Tokyo

Keio Univ

Waseda Univ

Sophia Univ

obviously im a sophomore so im not in the ib program yet.

i want to know what IB Score/GPA i need to get accepted into the universities mentioned above

Hey there!

You really need to contact the universities yourself to get the best answers. Only by contacting the universities (or searching through their online pages), you can ensure that the information you get is updated and correct. Furthermore, this is a global IB forum - the chance of someone to know the current requirements for any of those universities (perhaps except of Tokyo) is rather slim.

Good luck!

For universities in Japan you have to sit an entrance examination that will determine if you are accepted into the university. I have a friend that was accepted into Waseda University with a low score of 27, but the required amount of points will depend on the program you apply for.

Regarding Japanese Unis, you first need Japanese fluency (it is a must but if you're japanese, so I assume it won't be a problem) and for the grades, I bet a 32 or above will get you in for the bottom three you listed. For Uni of Tokyo, I would look for 38+ for your IB points.

(This is from personal research so I wouldn't reccommend putting a lot of faith into it but definately use it as a refrence.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

quite the necropost but I'll just post this here as reference :P

As a guy who only applied to Japanese universities I could share a bit regarding applications for a Japanese university.

The Global 30 website by MEXT lists all the Japanese universities (13 in total) that has partnered with the Japanese government to offer degree programs in English for international students. Bear in mind that universities listed in the G30 website are subject specific, e.g. Kyushu University only offers engineering programs in English.

Other JP universities not included in the G30 program that I know of are:

Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (Business and Social Sciences)

Temple University Japan

International Christian University

Most universities regard IB as more of a minimum requirement so you will have to sit for a test and interview(s) to get accepted. 

Tuition cost range from 600,000JPY (around 6k USD) for public universities to +1,500,000JPY (+15k USD) for private unis per year. Living cost varies but the average is 1,000USD per month (accomodation, utilities, food, etc). 

I'll be going to Sophia University (B-rank Uni, very popular in the Kanto region though... an IB 35 and a good essay got me a full scholarship) this fall to take an engineering course, hit me up when you do get an offer from a JP uni!

ãŒã‚“ã°ã£ã¦ãã ã•ã„。

is it easy to get a 32 in IB?

It depends on your subject selections but in most cases, yes - if you spend at least 30mins a day studying out of school time.

Edited by yowayowashi

• 4 years later...
On 5/6/2014 at 3:35 PM, Imandhi said:

For universities in Japan you have to sit an entrance examination that will determine if you are accepted into the university. I have a friend that was accepted into Waseda University with a low score of 27, but the required amount of points will depend on the program you apply for.

Which major did your friend apply for?