Group 4 project topics

Guest yeemonkyaw

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2 years ago, our school tested the effect of Red Bull on concentration. They had about 50 people (not volunteers, they were coerced into participating) run 2 km around the school and right afterwards, a person came up to you and start asking questions like "Repeat this number series backwards", "What is the 5x6?" etc. Prior to the running, some people were given Red Bull to drink and some weren't.

They got very low marks, but not because of the experiment itself. I think the data was written up wrong, and they had a huge row with the teachers over it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, my group 4 project's starting soon, and the chosen topic was "Going Green" it was quite hard to brainstorm, unlike previous year's "Food Science", any suggestions?

Lol, I am doing my group Four project on a topic similar to yours, "Green Schools", maybe that is even more specific , (help right there <_< ), anyways if you get any suggestions on how to do it form a physics perspective please notify me,

Thanx

In a group 4 project, do the subjects involved have to be whatever the school you attend group 4 IB classes are? my school only has an IB bio SL/HL and IB physics SL/HL, so does that limit the extent of the group 4 project to only biology and physics? or can the experiment i do incorporate chemistry and physics?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I doing a group IV project, the theme is green schools, our topic is computer screens and power consumption, but is their a way to calculate anything related to an LCD and normal screen from a CHEMICAL standpoint. I heard about intensities and photo-diodoes...am i on the right path...any advice, I need HEEEEEEEEELP!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished our Group 4 ova the weekend! Our topic was ENERGY! - Sub topics are:

Subtpic - Best way to use Energy!

Biology - What substances are in the different samples of pool water

Chemistry - Amount of Chlorine used in the different pool water

Physics (this was mine) - Amount of light absorbed by the samples of pool water (Use a colorimeter - tainlab)

I wud like to upload it but its on my USB which i left in school!!

The most important thing about Group4 is that.......ITS ALL ABOUT TEAMWORK....neva mind if the experiments dont work its all about working together!

my school is doing the Group 4 project with the theme of "Safety At School"....

my friend and i decided to do it related with food in the canteen..

as a chemistry student, i decided to count calories produce from the food.but, my confusion is that how to make it reacted? or mybe there's another way to find it?

hmhmmmhh....any advice?

My school's Group 4 project was "Going Green" (how typical) and we had to answer the question of how we could make our school "greener" than it already was... In the end, we had to do some crazy project that hardly involved biology at all and just measurements and math. We researched sugarcane and how it produces... methanol (was that it? Can't remember) as an alternate source of energy... Since burning methanol releases less CO2 when used as gas, apparently. Then we had to propose that our school plant sugarcane everywhere, and we calculated the amount of space that could be used.

Well. At least we all got perfect scores on it. :)

My school's Group 4 project was "Going Green" (how typical) and we had to answer the question of how we could make our school "greener" than it already was... In the end, we had to do some crazy project that hardly involved biology at all and just measurements and math. We researched sugarcane and how it produces... methanol (was that it? Can't remember) as an alternate source of energy... Since burning methanol releases less CO2 when used as gas, apparently. Then we had to propose that our school plant sugarcane everywhere, and we calculated the amount of space that could be used.

Well. At least we all got perfect scores on it. :D

Haha, our topic was "Going Green" as well. We studied the differences in terms of electricity between LCD and CRT screens and cost efficiency, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. At least we all got perfect scores on it. ;)

that's a really cool idea, but how did you incorporate physics?