ITGS IA

graciepomme

Regarding the ITGS IA, does it have to be of an actual client? Can it just be a real situation but the actual personal information be changed? Also out of the possibilities like a database and website and etc., what is easier because I'm SUPER BAD at technology which makes me rethink life and wonder why the hell I'm doing HL ITGS.. (don't ask I'm just really stupid).

I just finished my ITGS Internal Assessement. It does have to be an actual client but your client can be anyone from your family to classmate. You just need to be able to solve the client's problem through technology. For me, my client was my mother. I choose to make a website from scratch using Dreamweaver CC.

You can visit the site if you would like to. http://gdriv.es/maihmongkitchen

In my opinion, you can make any of the possibilities using tutorials. I am new to Dreamweaver so I spent a lot of time researching on how to build a website and CSS.

I reccomend doing some research on each possibility and pick the one that suits the client's needs. For example, my client/mother wanted to share her recipes online so I created a website to help accomplish that.

There are some samples you can follow depending on your situation at this site: http://www.itgstextbook.com/internal-assessment-project.html

Let me know if you need any other help! Good Luck! ^_^

• Like 1

Just done with my IA here as well.

Like Michelleor said, it can be anybody so as long as there IS 'somebody' hahah.

The teacher allowed us to use an online website builder like weebly.com and wix.com to create our product. When we asked her if that would have an affect on our grade she said no. Her previous students have scored 7's in the project using such websites. So you're basically saved. Those websites are quite simply drag-and-drop.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Like Michelleor said, it can be anybody so as long as there IS 'somebody' hahah.

The teacher allowed us to use an online website builder like weebly.com and wix.com to create our product. When we asked her if that would have an affect on our grade she said no. Her previous students have scored 7's in the project using such websites. So you're basically saved. Those websites are quite simply drag-and-drop.

Good luck.

If we use weebly.com and wix.com, you know how we need to have "advanced techniques" in our websites? like 3 of them or something? If online website builders already have widgets in there, would that be included as advanced techniques? Does IB allow that? :)

No, unfortunately.

You can add the text boxes and forms available, but when it comes to complex techniques you have to create them and embedd them. The slideshows that the website offers are a no-no, you have to create your own using Adobe Flash for example. Create a logo for the client using Photoshop, creating and editing a video, embedding HTML links etc..

You can use the website as a base nothing more, all else should be created by you using external programs.

Feel free to ask for assistance ^^

No, unfortunately.

You can add the text boxes and forms available, but when it comes to complex techniques you have to create them and embedd them. The slideshows that the website offers are a no-no, you have to create your own using Adobe Flash for example. Create a logo for the client using Photoshop, creating and editing a video, embedding HTML links etc..

You can use the website as a base nothing more, all else should be created by you using external programs.

Feel free to ask for assistance ^^

Even if we don't use these widgets as our "advanced techniques", does the IB ban you from using them anyway? :(

I honestly don't know anything about technology so will I also need to learn how to "embed" stuff as well?

You're free to use them. But if you do, what complex techniques are there left for you to create?

Sure there are plenty, but since you yourself said IT isn't your game, I'd avoid doing so. You could simply create the complex techniques -- even though the website offers them -- because they're the easiest. Get me? :D

Oh embedding is just a fancy word for 'adding' hahah. Embedding HTML codes is a matter of copy/paste for example.

• 7 years later...
On 2/19/2014 at 11:26 AM, Tala Sharaf said:

Good luck.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you document that?