3 places u want to visit after IB?

eros

I wish I had organised my time better post-IB so I could travel more, given that I had/have nearly a year between finishing the IB exams and starting university. Nevertheless, here are the top 3 places that I would like to visit. They're weird, I'm just like that. :)

1. Azerbaijan (the name, the name)

2. Pitcairn Islands (one of the most remote and sparsely populated places in the world)

3. Bhutan (I spent far too much time in geography researching this country, making me want to visit this place in all its mysterious-ness)

This list is far too short - I also wanted to visit North Korea, Morocco, Alaska and Antarctica, amongst other places. But I realise that most of the places I've listed are quite difficult to get to (and some downright dangerous), so most of these destinations shall remain distant dreams and aspirations, alas. :) And I should probably visit more of the 'typical' tourist destinations in the world first - for instance, the USA! 

3. Perth, Australia

I'm curious about Perth - why Perth? Despite living in the same country (albeit the opposite side of the country, so very very far away) I've never actually been there myself. I always thought that there was not very much interesting there, but I may be misinformed and biased! I feel ashamed that I haven't visited so many parts of Australia now...

So did you get to go to Azerbaijan?I'm curious because that's where I'm from:)

No, I still haven't! But I'll make it there one day, I hope. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Moony_PirateKing said:

Well, places that are having a civil war. I don't really care where in Europe I'm going, but if in the near future some countries are at war there, then I will not be going to those countries.

Fair enough! However I don't think there are any European countries presently engaged in civil war unless I've really missed something, so you're in luck! (;

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to major in international relations in college, so this is a hard question for me! If I had to choose it would be:

1.  Japan

2. Dubai (I only got to stay for a weekend, since I visited whiled I lived on the Navy base in Bahrain)

3. Moracco

• 1 month later...
On 11 March 2016 at 7:50 PM, Sandwich said:

Fair enough! However I don't think there are any European countries presently engaged in civil war unless I've really missed something, so you're in luck! (;

:lol: I strongly believe Europe is civil war-free right now. I think the last civil war we had was Spain in 1930s. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Montreal, because the world gymnastics championships will be there in 2017.  Not sure it will happen, but I'd love to watch live, and also explore the city.

Moscow and St Petersburg, because I find Russian history very interesting and there's some beautiful and unique architecture in these two cities.

Vienna, because...Vienna!

Good luck to everyone starting their exams tomorrow!